- The median household income in the State of North Carolina is $46,450 (2010 United States Census).
- The median household income in the City of Asheville is $42,333 (2010 United States Census).
- The median black household income in Asheville is $30,000 (2010 United States Census).
- The five largest employers in Asheville are Buncombe County Public Schools, Mission Health System and Hospital, the City of Asheville, the Biltmore Company, and the Buncombe County Government.
- The black unemployment rate has historically been double that of whites.
- In Bucnombe County, the United States Census identified blacks as owning 1.7% of businesses, or 517 of 29,566 total firms.
- In 2010, the median income for black women in Asheville was $14,843. 39% of black women live below the poverty line in Asheville. And 61%, or 2,264 single black mothers live below the poverty line in Asheville (American Community Survey).